Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Work work work

I believe you are your work. Don't trade the stuff of your life, time, for nothing more than dollars. That's a rotten bargain. Rita Mae Brown

Personally, I have nothing against work, particularly when performed, quietly and unobtrusively, by someone else. I just don't happen to think it's an appropriate subject for an "ethic." Barbara Ehrenreich

I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. Stephen Jay Gould

If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. Albert Einstein

Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream? Homer Simpson

I slip from workaholic to bum real easy. Matthew Broderick

All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind. Aristotle (not Onassis)

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. Bertrand Russell

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this blog has been an excellent alternative to working. Nice pic!

Me said...

Thanks, Mr. Golay. Now will you help us find the chicken?

Anonymous said...

Oh--I didn't think you needed it anymore. I was going to make soup; I'll send it back though.