Tuesday, February 07, 2006

No snakes, much sun

I went hiking for the first time this year - no snakes! I took a popular trail behind Squaw Peak, or rather, Piestewa Peak. Double-checked under rocks going up and down; didn't see any, didn't hear any.

Poor Bella though. She is so out of shape that she had a hard time keeping up with me. She goes for walks all the time, but not up mountains. She was even too fat for her harness.

The downside of taking a popular trail is... other people. One guy walking quickly toward me down a very steep trail announced, "We're all friendly here". I said, "OK, great," wondering how friendly he meant. What he meant was his dog and my dog - his dog was so small that she was invisible behind him.

The temperature is 10 degrees above normal - Phoenix can be so weird. You turn the heat on in the morning, and by 11 it's almost 80 degrees. This is the best time of the year though. Snakes or no snakes.

No comments: