Tuesday, January 09, 2007

iPhone


OK - we have been having this conversation for a while - well, Claudia and I have been anyway - coming close to placing bets on when a newer bigger wider video screen would appear on the iPod, especially one with invisible buttons. I even posted a pic of a fake one a couple months ago. She went with a smaller video iPod, I popped for the big one. (Ok, it was a Christmas present, but I still fronted the cash...)

And of course, it's not just a newer better iPod, but the long-awaited iPhone. I just have to say super duper iPhone. It's so super you can't even take a screen shot of it. It's so duper that I have received no fewer than 7 separate emails telling me about it, none yet from Apple.

But here's the rub, or several rubs. Not out til June. Only on Cingular. The biggest one is 8 gig. AND - it's $600 w/ a two-year contract. Sure it's pretty (click on title link) and it's small, and when someone at work gets one I will feel the pull... but until then, I will just have to be happy with mine...

5 comments:

Lara said...

Total. Rip. Off.

I am pretty sure you can hold off on this one.

Me said...

Seriously? How much is your cell phone... how much is your ipod... I think it's priced right.

anna said...

i want one! not yet though--need to give apple time to perfect it. imagine being able to d'l wirelessly, drop the song into i-tunes, and being able to listen immediately. and e-mail. and phone. and and and i need to start saving now.

Me said...

Amen sister.

Lara said...

Hmmm. Considering I can get a phone for fitty bucks and my pod for 249, I would say it's still a rip.

But that's me.