Thursday, January 04, 2007

Favorite flicks in 2006


What a great year for films. I still have a list to see, and would love it if I missed anything great that you would forward me those suggestions as well...


So here's the list - not really in order but The Fountain was my favorite of the year.

The Fountain
The Science of Sleep
An Inconvenient Truth (should be mandatory viewing)
Clerks II
Tristram Shandy
United 93
A Scanner Darkly
The 3 Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Babel
The Proposition
Little Miss Sunshine

Still want to see
Volver
Pan's Labyrinthe (got a 99% on metacritic - unheard of)
The Painted Veil
The Departed
Island Empire
Children of Men

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave Chapelle's Block Party
Brick
Hard Candy
Wordplay
The Devil Wears Prada
Little Miss Sunshine
Half Nelson
The Departed
V for Vendetta
Akeelah and the Bee

Me said...

is that your top 10 list or suggestions?

Unknown said...

Sorry - that is my top 10 list and I suggest especially Half Nelson, Hard Candy, Brick and Akeelah and the Bee if you have not seen them.

anna said...

i haven't seen many films in a theater proper. that's what rising ticket prices and a subscription to netflix does to a gal.

for me, the fountain was without a doubt the best film of the year. indeed, one of my all time favorite movies.

other theater movies:
little miss sunshine
clerks II

as for those i saw on netflix and thusly love:

the wire, seasons 1-2
clockers
brick
weeds: season 1
interstate 60
transamerica
maria full of grace

anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.