Friday, May 26, 2006

Disappearing electricians

Up til this week the electricians did everything they said they were going to do. This week they were supposed to finish wiring the guest house by Weds. They showed up on Thurs but I was not paying attention b/c they were in the back. I came home after happy hour to find full, to-go coffee cups sitting on the back porch, no work done, and no sign of them.

Never one to abandon a full cup of Mama Java's joe myself, I have to suspect either an emergency or foul play. They usually call even if they are going to be late. I have heard nothing since talking to them Tuesday night. Hmmmm.

This creates a chain of events that could prove calamitous, or rather, slightly inconvenient. ;-) Postponing their work means postponing the plumber. The handyman is only available for two weeks following the plumber, which should be enough time to finish, but then he goes back to his regular job. I could be doing the drywall and tile myself on vacation in July instead of heading south o' the border. Handymen are harder to find than landscapers. Electricians have to be inherited from friends. What is going on? It's not THAT hot out.

6 comments:

blogedyblogblog said...

I hate tradesmen. They are so hard to count on and yet we still hire them. Perhaps we are in the wrong biz?!

And you are going to Mexico!!!

Thoughts and Ideas said...

See, if you could have predicted they would abandon you in your time of electrical needs, you could have scrapped the whole thing and moved to Jerome.

Me said...

Yeah, no kidding. and here's an update- finally, they called last night, TUESDAY, after I called them Fri a.m. Apparently out of town, they only heard 1 message, the one where I was more plaintive, b/c saying What the Hell did not work. They said, don't stress, we'll have it done by early NEXT WEEK before the plumber comes. The plumber is coming THIS Thurs. Oh well, this is typical, I don't know why I thought mine would be different.

Thoughts and Ideas said...

maybe if they sent some really dynamite, hot electricians next week(by request to make it up to you) it would help. Well, maybe not for you but I am shallow and cheap as you've know for the past 20 years. Nothing worse than seeing ugly electrician/plumber butt crack. If you find out in time they are cute, and you are not going to be home, I'll come down there and supervise. If they are not I'll stay and wallow in my shallow cheapness here in Jerome.

Me said...

No, that would totally make up for it. I'm with ya. :-)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»