Sunday, April 30, 2006

New mural

To make myself work steadily and faster, I'm posting pics in progress of this mural I'm doing on the porch. If you're watching the progress, I may be more committed to it. We'll see.

The first pic is the before shot - with all the plants and decor removed - looks very sterile. The second one is the lame-ass drawing of what I have in mind. I can't draw, so next time, pencil... The third and 4th ones are the first tiles.

The white tile is travertine marble donated by a neighborhood tile guy, a practicing member of Neighborpalooza. The leaves are from artist Jenny Ressler from Texas (here's her ebay shop). The black is Home Depot special black (sarcasm). I'm using a lavabo that I got over 10 years ago as a fake birdbath, which will act as the mailbox. Hope that's legal.

At the rate I'm going, I should be finished by Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Thoughts and Ideas said...

I'm so excited that you got it started. MOTIVATION X's 3!!!
Don't beat yourself up about not being able to draw, I can't either, I trace(grin).
It's a coll start and I know the finished product, even if in November, will be amazing!!!.
Jeromian

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the way it's turning out. More color...

blogedyblogblog said...

I am so impressed by your artistic nature. It looks pretty darn good to me, even at this stage!

onna said...

This looks really good already - great job!

Me said...

Thanks pomme!

(and claud)

Thoughts and Ideas said...

so we're waiting for mural pic updates? and waiting and...
come on Cyn, you have nothing but time right?