Thursday, April 20, 2006

Javelinas on Parade - click for link

Greg (Jeromeian) sent me this link to look at work done by a mosaic artist in Sedona. Javelinas on Parade is like the Cows on Parade or Fish on Parade in more cosmo cities like NY, Chicago, and SF. Apparently there are a lot of animals parading right now, and they're getting a lot of attention for it. The only parade I've seen so far is the NY Cows on Parade, and I gotta tell you. There is nothing quite like coming out of the train under Madison Square Garden to gaze upon a herd of wildly painted bovines. If they ever get really organized, traffic is gonna be a nightmare.

Anyway, this particular parade is really not one to brag about. Sedona is an art haven for sure, but the quality of shows and galleries fluctuates wildly. I call the local show the Sedona Arts and Crap Festival. Now, I'm not saying my stuff is that great, but some of this stuff makes me want to rescue the poor pigs to keep them from being pink, or worse, covered in cutesy Native American symbols. Does a pig need a coyote symbol? I'm just sayin'.

Or better yet, how about becoming a Ninja Artist, to steal really bad art work and re-do it. Greg and I think some of these pigs call out for intricate bead work, or at least, semi-decent painting. Surely someone can come up with a better idea than a pink pig with blue eyes? We should drive to Sedona in the middle of the night armed with coffee, bees wax, beads, and a flashlight. We could do some positive damage.

Poor little piggies.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Pobrecito piggies pequenos!

I do rather fancy the red baby one, though.

Anonymous said...

I know a ninja. Let me know if you need his help.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.