Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Can I get some fries with that crow?

OK, people who know me know that I will totally admit when I'm wrong. If only I can learn not to spout off about anything and everything then I wouldn't have to be at the special drive thru ordering crow with a side of fries.

So, I hear that the Seeger Sessions has been available in indie record stores since late last week, but I don't really care since I'm probably not buying it anyway... but then I'm in Border's yesterday on lunch break and figure, what the hell. And then I'm actually a little ticked that it's not available.

Why this sudden change of heart? The only reason really (NOT the video, trust me, b/c that is embarrassing) is that people who have great taste like it... gotta be worth hearing. And hey, if I'm going to at least one show thru peer pressure (D.C.) I may as well know what I'm in for... not the most positive approach, granted.

Very early this a.m. (dog wants up, can't tell time) I realize it's new music Tuesday at iTunes, which along with new release Tuesday at Netflix, is a good reason to power up the mini. To get in the spirt, I mosey on over to the music store. Where is the hootenanny? Oh good, at least it's right in the front.

The first thing I listen to is We Shall Overcome, b/c it's the only song I know and I have always liked it. It's SUPER good. Ethereal, haunting, understated, just gorgeous. Great arrangement, wonderful loose feel. Uh oh, will I actually like this album? THAT will be embarrassing.

Well, I'm 3/4 through and I have to say this is the best album Bruce has released in eons. Despite the crap I will get from my uber fan friends, I thought Devils and Dust basically sucked, the Rising had like, 2 good songs, and if weren't for the great live shows and pretty much lifelong obsession that's hard to let go, I would have bailed ages ago. Now I'm actually looking forward to the show. May even go twice.

Sigh.

7 comments:

blogedyblogblog said...

I am shocked yet happy for you. The obsession continues. Have you caught his life performances on GMA?

Me said...

I have not. I just tried to watch a video but it kept stopping. Will have to try later...

the obsession continues...

blogedyblogblog said...

Did you try to stream it from ABC online (monthly premium but they give you the first month free)?

I have finally posted a new subject.

Anonymous said...

Dag, big change of hungry heart.
I wish I could say the same about K8's new double CD. I can't, it's full of lazy singing and uneventful melody.

Me said...

that sucks. it has been so long to wait and be disappointed.

Lara said...

You might want to super-size that crow, missy.

Me said...

ummm... right...

please super size that crow combo. :-(