Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Work work work


Never work just for money or for power. They won't save your soul or help you sleep at night.
Marian Wright Edelman

The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.
Oscar Wilde

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
Oscar Wilde

In any organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on - This person must be fired.
Conway's Law

Working gets in the way of living.
Omar Sharife

Why is it men are permitted to be obsessed about their work, but women are only permitted to be obsessed about men?
Barbra Streisand

H.I., you're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?
Raising Arizona

The government, she do take a bite, don't she?
Raising Arizona

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
Milton, Office Space

Peter Gibbons: You're gonna lay off Samir and Michael?
Bob Slydell: Oh yeah, we're bring in some entry-level graduates, farm some work out to Singapore, that's the usual deal.
Bob Porter: Standard operating procedure.
Peter Gibbons: Do they know this yet?
Bob Slydell: No. No, of course not. We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.
Office Space

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn't exactly say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Office Space

Bill Lumbergh: Ahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...

2 comments:

Thoughts and Ideas said...

These movie quotes are so perfect. The whole thought process of them fits right in with Corporate America don't they? Only these are funnier than experiencing it in real life.

"In any organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on - This person must be fired."

Seems this is so true. Either that or they are usually put in charge...

blogedyblogblog said...

I loved that movie! I really need to rent it again.