Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cool sites

Stumble Upon is a great site that presents you with similar sites to a group of your choosing. It's like the "if you like this" feature at Amazon, etc. Here's the link: http://www.stumbleupon.com/

MetaCritic has been around for awhile but I heard someone talking about it the other day like it was new so I thought I would include it. Includes reviews from every level on current movies, and combines the scores to come up with an average. It also links to previews and schedules. http://www.metacritic.com/film/ This week, All the President's Men got a 36, which is super low. I think I agree, but hey, I only saw a short trailer.

Allmusic.com is celebrating its 15 year anniversary, but now they have added allmovie.com. My favorite is still imdb.com - the first and the best, but the interface at allmovie.com is a bit more interesting. Plus, you gotta love a site that features the work of Michael Gondry, who's Science of Sleep should be playing in Phoenix any minute. He's the one who did the Lego video for the Stripes, and tons of Bjork videos.

And in the "thank god I'm not alone in my obsession with Big Lebowski category" here is a site that hosts Lebowski Fest. If only it weren't so far away. The Dude abides. http://www.lebowskifest.com/

And finally, Happy Birthday to Google, who is 8, and Trevor Ludski, who is 60.

4 comments:

Lara said...

I love metacritic! I will have to check out the other sites.

blogedyblogblog said...

Yay for Google!!!

Lara said...

Uhm, there's no link to that cool music site you told us about on Sunday!

Are you ever going to comment on my poems? Ever?

Me said...

No! :-)