Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mexico pics

Mexico is fun. It's like the 70s, but with better beer. Actually, better tequila too. The only way to do Mexico is with good friends and good tequila. I tried it once with just neighbors and beer, and trust me, it's not the same. :-)

Puerto Penasco is the closest ocean beach to Phoenix, for the uninitiated. I hadn't been for years and years. In fact, I had sworn I would never go back in like 1993. But the beach, it's hard to resist. And indeed, Rocky Point has improved in many ways. In fact, we stayed in a resort that had a wide-screen plasma tv and dvd in each room. Not exactly the trailer accomodations I had last time. And I think the beach is whiter. Is that possible? You can still go completely local, but you can also choose escargot in hazelnut cream sauce (oh, yes!) off a wonderful French menu. Just like the real cities in Mexico.

Here are some pics. Actually, Lara took most of them b/c a. she was paying closer attention, b. did not drink as much tequila, and c. has a better camera. (OK, and she's a great photographer too!)

That's Judy, Claudia, and Lara. And the snails. yummy.

5 comments:

Thoughts and Ideas said...

WOW-great pics, sounds like you had a blast. Of course I love the sink, is you buy that? If you did, did you get me one? Oh yeah I have to have an actual house in my name to install one. lol
The beach house looks fun and makes me miss the beach which I love.
I'm not even commenting on the pic of the snails.lol
I wanna go to mexico.

blogedyblogblog said...

I woke up this morning and wishing we were still there!

The sink still looks cool!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Seems like you guys had a lot of fun!!--Jamaal

Lara said...

And to think you all didn't care if I photographed the food. Well, lookee here - your snails got published!

Good times!

Anonymous said...

i love the sink!!!!! can I have it? jk