Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Carolyn Ryan English, photographer -- click on title


So my friend Carolyn struggled for years as an artist (of the photographer type) trying to make a living in corporate America. She was unceremoniously relieved of her position on April 20 (4:20!). Because they didn't have any reason to terminate her, considering she won international awards for her work, was featured on most of the company's collateral work, and is well-liked by co-workers and the mucky-mucks, her basically insane boss found a way to eliminate her position. No one is sure why, but as we all know, that's how it sometimes goes.

Her family, friends, and co-workers responded to this "crisis" by congratulating her. In fact, I got this email from Carolyn late in the day after it happened: "Funny, I get layed off and lose my job and EVERYONE says congrats!"

Since then she has been developing a new career as an art and portrait photographer, and has traveled - even fulfilled a lifelong dream of exploring Ireland. AND Paris. Not to mention meeting her birth family, and let's see, what else? Anyway, she has had a busy couple of months.

We are collaborating on a website, and her enthusiasm, and pretty much her work, is inspiring me to get going again on web design. It's fun! I forgot. So I'm showing you a few of her great pictures, and at the bottom is the link to my portfolio of sites (the ones that are still up, anyway).

Congrats again to Carolyn!!! And if you want to drop her a line and tell her how much you like her stuff, email her here.
http://www.estreetgirlphoto.com





here's my portfolio page

2 comments:

Thoughts and Ideas said...

Wow-your sites are beautiful. You do such great work and yeah you should continue or re-start doing them if it's that much funr.
Carolyn's photography is amazing.
Mind if I put your site link on my Tribe page? Many people will see it.

Me said...

Thx Jeromian.
Yeah, carolyn's great.
Sure, put the site link there -thanks. I have to do the tribe thing too. maybe this weekend...