Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good stuff

The sky was an unusual color last night, even for Phoenix. I swear it was turquoise, fading into royal blue. Amazing.

Found out rather than removing stained saltillo tile that neanderthal installer did not seal properly, I can etch them with tri-sodium phosphate and re-seal them. Yea! No need to jackhammer them out.

Discovered pesto and tuna through Lara - really good - mix pesto, oil, and some pepper w/ tuna for a healthy alternative to tuna/mayo.

Finished the porch mural - only took a year and a month... still need to grout the floor... pics later...

Have realized I have such an antipathy now for microsoft that even tho my new laptop arrived on Tuesday, I have not opened the box. I have Vista Fear.

Have been experimenting with thinking about people to see if they call me and it's worked twice this week. So it's confirmed, I control everything. :-)

Found a lost hammer - was looking for a wire brush which is still missing, but finding a missing hammer after about 3 months was exciting in a way that only nerds would understand.

Found out from a neighbor that even though it's over 100 degrees in May, rather than the norm, which is June, that is not part of a changing weather pattern. Also, we should still boycott France, and Hillary Clinton is the anti-Christ. On the positive side, yes, he will loan me his electric sander. It is never boring in this neighborhood.

There is a pair of ducks that have decided to stay in the park - they discovered irrigation two weeks ago and have never left. The neighbors are all feeding them to get them to stay. Once the pool is filled the ducks will never leave.

And finally, the series finale of the Gilmore Girls was tasteful and true to the spirit of the show. No neatly sewn up happy endings, just a couple of cool surprises and a pretty realistic conclusion. I realize I'm outting myself for watching this show, which I have been doing for 6 of the 7 years it was on. Sue me, it's funny.

5 comments:

Lara said...

I am quietly proud.

dwil said...

Hey was it me on the list of people who called?

Me said...

Yep. :-)

Unknown said...

The finale of GG was quite good - I was sad that there was no Paris though!

Me said...

I agree - although I imagine it was hard to fit everything in even w/o paris - and they thought it was going to go for another season so it was pretty good that they sewed almost everything up...