Friday, June 02, 2006

What I'm Loving Right Now

Got tagged by I Digress and Lara Goes Blogging to do a list. Don't you guys know I hate lists unless I create them? :-)

Would it be too lame to say I'm loving everything right now? Probably, huh.

OK. Here's the short list:

1. Pearl Jam provides downloads of shows 24-48 hours after they're through. You can even get them in loss-less files for a scant $5 more. Every band should do this. As soon as I'm finished here I will go download the show I saw Tuesday night. So for that reason, I'm also loving the internet right now besides loving Pearl Jam. I used to get excited about set lists being posted. Now shows are posted. When they post Eddie as a hologram that I can project in the house, I think the internet will top the best invention ever on the planet at any time. Or wait! when we can DOWNLOAD ACTUAL EDDIE. See, I'm never all the way happy. If we downloaded Eddie, would that be a virtual eddie, a clone, or a transported through time and space Eddie? (Ryan, this is an example of stream of consciousness writing, ha.)

2. I'm loving my David Foster Wallace list. Where else can you post a weird question like, can novels exist without a protagonist, and have a list of said novels within an hour. By the way, they can, and probably only in the postmodern sub genre of modern fiction.

3. Also, I'm loving that I have a co-worker that would bet me that a novel couldn't exist without a protagonist, and would even argue that point during a work meeting, and will probably continue arguing that point even after reading said list. Ryan is the best.

4. Am loving that 4 days after the worst cluster ever, commonly known as General Admission, the Springsteen staff has come up with a new method that does not encourage waiting outside for hours, and yet does reward the die hard fans. Kudos for listening to the complaints from Sunday's show in Virginia. Too bad it wasn't done in time to save Columbus, but it is not 110 degrees in Columbus.

5. Am loving the fact that despite having to wait for Bush again on the tarmac ( I think he's following me, or perhaps he is following someone who is following me, or perhaps he was lost, because it was BWI ) I only had to wait 1/2 hour this time.

6. Am loving loving loving the fact that despite being out $6900 in two months, the plumbing and electricity will be finished tomorrow. And that I could save up that money no matter how long it took, because I ain't no saver.

7. Am loving movie club and movie club buds.

8. Am loving the psychedelic mexican bird of paradise flowers that line the freeways every summer. Orange and yellow blasting your eyes while the heat blasts your skin. Can it get any hotter? Oh yes, it can. 102? 102 is for wusses. One time when Zoe was trying to find something she liked about Phoenix, she mentioned those plants.

9. Did I mention going to see Bruce again Saturday? Really, it's an embarrassment of riches. I'm saving up memories for my inevitable unemployment.

2 comments:

Thoughts and Ideas said...

you know, its really cool that you are so easy to please. You could have been one of those superficial, plastic surgery obsessed, prada carrying, therapy using, pill popping, wealthy suburban housewives, going to church on Sundays with a valium hangover and confessing sins on Wednesday after happy hour who still has lurid affairs with a 20 year younger pool boy and paying someone to do murals on your front porch. But instead, you are sustained and gratified with the simpler pleasures in life.
An embarrassment of riches? Nah-just a fun life when you finally realize the note blew away.
Peace-Greg

Me said...

HA

I wouldn't mind a prada bag. :-)