Monday, June 30, 2008

Favorite flicks in May and June

I saw a lot of really bad movies in May and June. So bad I was almost afraid to go back to the theater, but we won't talk about the Happening right now b/c it's just too upsetting. So bad that in comparison, not even Zohan made the worst list.

But then I went to see When Was the Last Time... and all is forgiven. Not a perfect film, but I'm not afraid to go any more.

And a word about I'm Not There - Todd Haynes has made some excellent films, like Safe and Far From Heaven. This one is truly brilliant.

Best
I'm Not There
Ratatouille
4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days
When Was the Last Time You Saw Your Father

Worst
Youth Without Youth
The Happening
The Golden Compass

Bad but not on the Worst list
Too many to mention, have work to do ;-)

No comments: