Thursday, April 26, 2007

Jeromeian is back!

Thank god Greg is posting again so I can get my Jerome fix. He started working as a waiter after oh, 20 years in the social service field (that's where we met) and he has some hilarious stories to tell. I don't think he would mind if I re-post my favorites from his recent post.

Q: What time does your little town close?
A: At 5:00p.m. when the gates go up at the bottom of the hill. After 5:00p.m. you can only get to Prescott, not to Cottonwood and if you are staying in town you must be in your hotel room by 5:30p.m.
Q: Really?(with very serious looks on their faces)
A: No. Our town doesn't close. We are not an amusement park.

Q: At what elevation up here do the deer turn into elk?
A: (blank look)-Do you want fries or tater tots with your sandwich?

Q: Why do you live here?
A: Because it's close to work.
Q: So you moved all the way up the mountain to be near work?
A: Yes.

Q: Do people really live here?
A: No. Everyone in town are all paid actors and we go home each night and return in the morning to start the show again.

Q: Why don't you have any gas stations in Jerome?
A: Because we don't want them and not having them sets us apart from other towns.
Response: Well I am almost out of gas, what happens if I run out?
A: Most people I know make sure they have enough gas when they start driving up a mountain. If you run out, you are stuck here and you have to work, probably in the kitchen, hope you have triple A. Or you can coast all the way down the hill to the gas station, you know, the one you passed on your way up here?

Q: Why do you close at 4:00p.m.?
A: Because the owners wanted it that way. Come back on Friday and you can stay late.
Response: Well, 4pm is too early, you should stay open until at least 6p.m.

Q: How much is that one house down the hill?
A: Which one?
Q: The big gray one, where the road splits?
A: Last I heard it was reduced to $800K.
Q: Why?
A: I don't sell real estate, I have no idea.
Q: But why hasn't anyone bought it?
A: I really have no idea about the house or any property in Jerome. What can I get you to drink?

Q: What is there to do at night in Jerome?
A: Go to the Spirit Room and watch the alcoholics.

Q: What do people do at night in Jerome?
A: Drink
Response: Oh, ha ha, that was funny. But what do they really do at night?
A: Drink. Can I get you anything else?

No comments: